WAYS OF GIVING
The Sunnyide Christian School Foundation will accept gifts in many forms.
Many of the gift options listed below provide potential income and/or estate
tax benefits to the donor. Please consult your tax advisor to determine the
tax implications of your gift to the Sunnyside Christian School Foundation.
- Cash - A very simple way to give. You can give a one-time gift, schedule a gift of monthly payments, or make a pledge to give a yearly gift to the SCS Foundation.
- Commodities - God often blesses us with non-monetary gifts that can be used for kingdom service. The SCS Foundation is willing to accept almost any type of commodity.
- Contracts/Note Receivables - Contracts of various forms often have an impact on one's income and subsequently, tax liabilities. The SCS Foundation can accept these as a charity donation, which will benefit the SCS Foundation as well as the donor.
- Life Insurance Policies - Receive a deduction on the computed current value of your paid-up policy or premium payments. Name the SCS Foundation as a beneficiary in a new or current policy and provide a substantial gift through small premium payments. Consider the SCS Foundaiton before discontinuing a life insurance policy.
- Marketable Securities - Such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds. Receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of your gift and avoid paying tax on any capital gains.
- Memorials - Make a gift to the SCS Foundation in memory of a loved one.
- Real Estate - Receive a deduction for the appraised market value and avoid paying tax on your capital gains.
- Retirement Accounts - Maxamize the value of your gift by avoiding income and estate taxes. Donate your required minimum distribution to the SCS Foundation tax free. A donation counts as your required minimum distribution, but does not increase your adjusted gross income.
In addition to making gifts during your lifetime, you may wish to consider a charitable
donation to the Sunnyside Christian School Foundation as part of your estate plan.
Many of the planned giving options listed below provide potential income and/or estate
tax benefits to the donor. Please consultyour tax advisor and attorney to determine any
tax and estate implications of yourgift to the Sunnyside Christian School Foundation.
- Charitable Bequest - Make a bequest through your estate as noted in your will.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - A very popular way to receive an income for life while making an immediate and significant gift to the Sunnyside Christian School Foundation.
- Charitable Trusts - Craft a charitable lead or remainder trust to your specific charitable and financial objectives.
- Life Estate Contract - Donate a real estate contract and retain full use of the property for the remaider of your life.