The Admissions Process
We welcome all parents and guardians to apply for enrollment at Sunnyside Christian School. The following list is a guideline to the admissions process.
- Inquiry – Each new family inquiry goes through our Superintendent, Brad Van Beek. The inquiry process includes gathering family information, student information, and church membership information.
- Campus Tour – We encourage each inquiring family to tour our facilities. Seeing the facilities will allow families to get a sense of life at Sunnyside Christian. We also get to know you better and answer any questions.
- Application – The application packet consists of several forms including:
1. Application for Admission
2. Student information form - one per student needed.
3. Pastor's letter of recommendation submitted directly to the school. At least one parent/guardian must be actively involved in a Bible-believing, Christ-confessing church and be personally committed to Jesus.
4. Statement of Faith
5. Parent/Guardian Pledge of Support
6. Student reference form - for application to grades 6-12 only.
7. Complete immunization form. These are available in the school office.
- Review of Application – After the completed application is submitted, it will be reviewed. Each new family is required to interview with members of the Admissions Committee. One parent (preferably both) and the student (if in grades 6-12) are required to attend. The interview is a time to get to know the new family. Questions will cover topics including family life, spiritual life, and the expectations of the new family.
- Acceptance – If accepted, an administrator of Sunnyside Christian will contact you and welcome you to the Sunnyside Christian School family!